1 071 500 sekDuration:
2017-2018Project manager: Runar BrännlundResearchers: Thomas Broberg
, Runar Brännlund
, Tommy Lundgren
, Lars Persson
(Swedish: Värdet av effektreduceringar och strömavbrott i svenskt näringsliv och offentlig sektor)
There is today a lively discussion about the question of whether we should have an explicit supply security target for electricity. In short, the discussion is relevant for (at least) two reasons. The first is that the deregulation of the electricity market in 1996 meant that an explicit delivery security target disappeared. The second is the concern that supply, or delivery, security will deteriorate due to the change we see in the production mix towards increasingly intermittent power production. However, the issue of a possible delivery security target, and at what level, cannot be separated from the cost and the value of achieving a given target. The purpose of this project is to study the value, or cost, for power reductions or power outages, for business and the public sector. Estimating the value of electricity, or the cost of loss of electricity, for businesses, including agriculture and the public sector, calls for a different approach than when the household sector is being studied. The objectives of the project can be summarized as follows:
- Estimate costs for power constraints and power outage for business and public sectors.
- Analyze factors that affect differences in costs between different industry sectors.
- Based on estimated costs, carry out scenario analyzes of different power limitations / power outages of different duration and at different times.
- Get a deeper understanding of the driving forces behind changes in the cost of power outages over time.
- Contribute to method development to estimate power outages.